Grilled Turkey Sandwich
Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich? Here is one of my favorites adding in cooked turkey or chicken.
• 2 thick slices of turkey – Enough to cover a slice of bread
– I like to use left over chicken or turkey breast meat for this sandwich
• Mayonnaise, my favorite is Mayo with Olive oil
• Sour dough bread or whole wheat bread
• 2 Roasted red peppers, Fresh roasted on the grill is great, but I like to keep a jar on hand specially in the winter months. Slice each open and remove the seeds so the pepper will lay flat on the sandwich
• 2 slices Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced. I use white cheddar, who needs the coloring? Also less is better with this sandwich
– If you are using a large cube of fresh cheese slice several pieces to fit the bread. I find that cheddar cheese really compliments the turkey and roasted red peppers
• Non-stick cooking spray or a butter
• Spray non-stick cooking spray on a large griddle or skillet
• Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread
• Layer 1 slice of cheese, turkey and red peppers, 2nd slice of cheese on the bread and place the second slice on top to create a sandwich. I like to build this sandwich with cheese on each slice of bread which melts perfectly
• Over medium heat place the sandwich on the griddle and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Using a spatula to lift the sandwich and carefully flip to cook the other side. The second side usually cooks faster so be careful to watch closely
Everyone has a preference on what properly “toasted” is. The bread should be brown per your taste and those you are cooking for, don’t burn!
• Remove from heat, wait a minute or two so you don’t burn your mouth
Slice and enjoy a delicious sandwich!
Great with fresh fruit, sliced carrots, celery or slices of cucumber!
What’s your favorite Grilled Cheese sandwich?
Just Cook Something! Cheers! Kary~