Friday, January 7, 2011

What great food do you already have in your pantry, freezer and refrigerator?

Today I am listening to retro music "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles. I love this song! Oh well on to today's suggestion: Check your freezer, refrigerator and pantry for food that is about to expire and create a meal before you have to toss it! If you need some ideas send me an email or comment on my blog, I would love to provide you with some ideas.

Here is a disturbing statistic; according to the writer and blogger Jonathan Bloom, Americans throw away about 197 pounds of food per person annually. You can check out his blog and website at www.wastedfood.com. So this weekend save yourself a trip to the grocery store, save some money and shop in your own kitchen, you might be surprised by what you find.

Just in case you were wondering, pasta does have an expiration date!
 Have a fantastic weekend and cook something! Cheers! Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment