Friday, January 14, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

What is your favorite cookie? Mine is oatmeal raisin which I baked with my mom and dad as a child and then as an adult for my family. We love the Quaker Oats recipe, however I have been trying to create a recipe that would reduce the butter and sugar but still taste delicious.

Here is my latest recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies which I think you will like.
Nothing compares to the smell of cookies….. Do you want another cookie?
This ones for you Molly girl!
Yummy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:
• ¼ cup softened butter
• 1/2 cup applesauce, or 1/4 cup smashed ripe banana and 1/4 cup applesauce
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup unbleached flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon- add more if you  are in the mood for more cinnamon!
• ½ teaspoon salt ( if using self rising flour you do not need to include the salt)
• 2 ½ cups Old Fashion Oats (if adding the banana's you can use 3 cups of oats)
• ¾ cup raisins

Directions
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
• In a large mixing bowl mix together butter, applesauce and brown sugar until creamy, blend in the vanilla
• Beat in one egg at a time until blended
– I crack the eggs into a small bowl just in case I need to remove a few pieces of the egg shell. Yes, this happens to all of us on occasion
• Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt (if adding) and mix together
• Mix in the oats and when well mixed add in the raisins
• Use an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper
– Parchment paper is fantastic and saves on cleaning. Gotta love that!
• Place a spoonful of cookie mix on the cookie sheets
• Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, keep and eye on them, I find that after the first batch the second tray takes 8 or 9 minutes. I like my cookies a little chewy so a little less baking time works for me
• Makes 24 to 32 cookies depending on the size of cookie

So yummy!

 You can also freeze some of the cookies and when you are craving one just heat for 10 to 15 seconds in the microwave and enjoy!

Just cook something! Cheers! Kary

No comments:

Post a Comment