Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Chicken Tenders/Strips


Chicken wings and chicken tenders are a staple for many super bowl parties. 

And on occasion I think most of us love nothing better than southern fried chicken tenders.

Chicken Tenders, Honey Mustard Sauce and Carrots
My friend Janet and I occasionally drop into one of our favorite spots, LaWan’s Soul Food Restaurant in Charlotte, NC to indulge ourselves. We always order the chicken tenders, a green salad and corn bread. Ranch and Blue cheese dressing for dipping is a must. Baked chicken is also on the menu but we always go for the chicken tenders which are mouth watering!
LaWan’s is on the other side of town from where I live, so sometimes when I am craving Chicken Tenders I pull out my recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders.
Years ago I would use Italian bread crumbs, which are still a good choice, last year I started using Panko bread crumbs which provide a really crunchy finish.
My family loves my version of chicken tenders so I always double the recipe when I have a crowd.
This recipe is delicious and has less fat and sodium than traditional fried chicken.
Janet, we need to plan a visit to LaWan’s!

Oven Baked Chicken Fingers
Ingredients:
• 4 Chicken breasts, about 1 lb or 1lb pre-cut chicken tenders
• ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper
• Non-stick cooking spray or the Misto
• Ranch Dressing and/or honey-mustard dressing
– Homemade honey-mustard, blend together the following:
– ½ cup of mustard, I like to use grain mustard
– 1 tablespoon of honey, add more to sweeten
• Cooking Instructions:
• Heat the oven to 350 decrees
• Rinse the chicken and cut off any fat
• Cut the chicken breasts into strips
• In a large bowl mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
• Coat each of the chicken fingers in the bread crumb mixture
• Spray a cookie sheet or 8 ½ by 11 cake pan
• Place the chicken fingers in the pan and spray the top of the chicken with the non-stick cooking spray
• Bake for 10 minute then flip the chicken
• Bake another 10 minutes then broil for 2 or 3 minutes, flip the chicken again and broil another 2 o3 minutes until golden brown

Serves four, maybe! My husband loves these which results in 3 servings!

Serve as an appetizer or as a meal with green beans, a salad and oven baked home fries!

Just Cook Something!

Cheers! Kary ~

My favorite kitchen product for this recipe is the:
Misto Fill half the bottle with your favorite Oil, pump and spray. No more purchasing of Pam and filling up our landfills with spray bottles. A must have for every kitchen.



“Karen Squires is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”



No comments:

Post a Comment