Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spicy New Orleans Style Seasoning

Mardi Gras, FAT TUESDAY!

I hope everyone enjoyed my recipes for Mardi Gras! Some of you have had questions regarding Cajun vs. Creole seasoning. There are many different opinions on what is considered Cajun vs. Creole, some say Cajun is spicier.

I make my own spicy seasoning which includes herbs, spices and dehydrated onion. So if you don’t have any Cajun or Creole seasoning in the house, here is my blend of what I call “New Orleans style seasoning. If your want to test your tolerance to hot peppers you can add more cayenne or red pepper and heat up your taste buds! And remember, as you cook your Gumbo the hot pepper increase in intensity!

Happy Mardi Gras and thank you for visiting my blog!

Just Cook Something! Cheers! Kary~

Spicy New Orleans Style Seasoning

Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
• 2 tablespoons dried garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 2 tablespoons dried paprika
• ½ tablespoon cayenne or red pepper, if you like really hot and spicy add more)
• Mix all ingredients in an airtight container and use for Cajun and Creole recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment