Perfectly grilled, broiled or sautéed scallops are one of my favourite dishes, and with the first bite I am transported to the west coast. I can visualize the sunset; imagine the gentle breeze blowing through my hair and the smell of the ocean. Oh the wonderful memories of Del Mar, the Cove at Solana Beach, Cardiff Reef, Moonlight Beach and Stone Steps in Leucadia, California.
This weekend Doug will fire up the grill, cook up fresh sea scallop and toss on top of a fresh spinach salad, delicious.
Anyone heading out to ride the wild surf, my spirit is with you!
• 1 lb fresh Scallops
– Fresh or fresh frozen.Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel
• 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing - Homemade or your favorite
• Metal skewers or cook in a grilling basket
• Heat grill to medium heat
• Place 4 to 5 scallops on each skewer, depending on the size of the scallop, do not crowd
• Brush the scallops with Italian dressing (homemade or purchased at the market)
• Place the Scallops on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, you do not want to over cook the scallop of they will be tough
– Other Cooking Options
• Heat the broiler. Place the scallops on a baking sheet, brush with Italian dressing and broil 3 to 4 minutes each side
Stove top-Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add the scallops and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes per side
Ready to serve on top of a Spinach salad, with rice or a baked potato and green beans!
Just cook something~ Cheers! Kary~