I really love a good pot roast and over the years I have found the fool proof method for a tender, delicious pot roast that is a winner every time, can you say slow cooker? When most of us think of pot roast the menu usually includes potatoes, carrots, onions and
green beans. Sometimes I just want a tender slice of beef accompanied by fresh vegetables, and since there is still a chill in the air I am thinking a warm spinach salad will be the perfect side dish. Cheers!
• 4 to 5 lb Chuck Roast
– Rinse and dry with paper towel
• ½ Yellow Onion sliced
• 1/4 cup orange juice
– I use orange juice with no or low sugar content
– 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
– 1 Teaspoon Lite Soy Sauce
– 2 Tablespoon dried thyme
– 2 Teaspoons dried basil
– 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
– ¼ Teaspoon Salt
– ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
• Crock pot for cooking the roast
• Coat the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
• Lay half of the onion on the bottom of the crock pot
• Place the pork roast on top of the sliced onion
• Pour the orange juice, Worcestershire and balsamic over the roast
• Sprinkle the thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the roast
• Place the remaining onions on top of the roast
• Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
– Please consult your cooking instructions for your crock pot. Cooking time might vary
• The roast will be done when it is fork tender
• I prefer oven roasted vegetables however you can add sliced potatoes and carrots to the crock pot for an easy meal.
Spinach salad recipe posted February 21, 2011.
Basically the roast should fall apart and melt in your mouth!