Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chorizo & Eggs ~ Happy Mother's Day y'all!



Happy Mother’s Day y’all! 
                                                                 
Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day and today’s blog is dedicated to my mom Gloria. I am trying to find the words to express my love, respect and admiration for one of the most important people in my life. 

So I will keep it simple. Mom thank you for teaching me to laugh, love, respect all of God’s creatures, believe in myself, know that I can be and achieve anything I put my mind, effort, heart and soul in to.

And thank you Mom for drying my tears, giving me a hug when only you knew I was in pain, understanding and tolerating my love to drive fast, trips to Mexico and the California desert, dance, cheer (to distraction) and watching “Star Trek” reruns when know one else in the house wanted to watch “my show”.

And although you are in the great white north of Idaho and I am living “on the other side of the US” you are with me always in every thing I do.

Oh and THANK YOU for teaching me to cook and try new foods!

I love you Mommy! Happy Mother’s Day, today and every day. Kary Sue

Here is the Huffman and Squires girl’s favorite brunch:

Chorizo and Eggs

Serve with a bowl of fresh fruit and Dad Huffman’s home fries

Ingredients:
        ½ lb of soy or pork or soy chorizo sausage, remove the casing (I found soy chorizo at Trader Joe’s, it is not as spicy as regular pork chorizo, however a great choice)
        8 fresh eggs
        8 Wheat or Flour tortillas - a great recipe by Lisa at 100daysofrealfood
         
Cooking Instructions:

        Brown chorizo in a large skillet on medium heat, using a spoon or spatula to break up the chorizo. About 3 to 5 minutes.        
         If you have a lot of grease in the pan place a paper towel on a plate, spoon the cooked chorizo on a paper towel to soak up grease
        Crack the eggs in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or whisk until blended
        Add the cooked chorizo to the skillet and pour in the egg mixture
        Cook on medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, using a spatula to stir the egg mixture, continually scrap the sides and bottom of the skillet. You do not want the egg mixture to stick to the pan or it will burn. Cook until the eggs are firm and remove from the heat.
        Once the mixture is cooked heat the flour tortillas in a large skillet flipping the tortilla to heat both sides
        Fill each Flour tortilla with the cooked chorizo and egg, fold the tortilla into a burrito

Serve immediately.

Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~

No comments:

Post a Comment