Monday, May 2, 2011

Herb Garden Update

 The cilantro plant is back and growing strong just in time for Cinco De Mayo. Guacamole and fresh salsa are on the menu this week, the fresh cilantro is the key ingredient in these recipes; check back later this week for these recipes. As for the basil, this plant is the finest I have ever grown; I will be preparing fresh pesto, Bruschetta with french bread and pasta soon. Basil is also great in a tossed green salad.



The first bloom on the bell pepper plant, I just can’t wait for those bell peppers!

Rosemary so fragrant and great with chicken, oregano growing strong and enhances Italian dishes and I also use it with beef and pork. Some little bug is munching on the Jalapeño plant, I will have to pull out a bottle of organic bug spray and try to discourage the little buggers. Love spring time in the South!



No comments:

Post a Comment