Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads, my Daddy, Father-in law Duane and husband Doug!

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads, my Daddy, Father-in law Duane and husband Doug!

Dad, Mom & Molly Ann

My Father lives in the Pacific Northwest and I live in the Carolina’s. I will be heading out this summer for a visit but today I will have to settle for being with him in spirit.

If I was with him today we might be making his famous potato salad, grilling the best hamburger steaks you have ever tasted and mixing up a batch of oatmeal cookies.

Check back for his recipes later this week.

My Dad is one of those people who can actually make cookies, cakes, pies and biscuits without a recipe. I did not learn this skill for baking from him; however he taught me how to be fearless in the kitchen and in life. And I am working on improving my baking skills, practice, practice, practice!

Thanks Daddy for teaching me how to accelerate out of a turn, in a car and in life. To
always believe in myself, never give up on anyone or in a cause that I believe in.
To keep myself open to the endless possibilities that life has to offer.
To laugh every day and find the joy in nature and the power of positive thinking.

Have a great day, today and every day. I love you Daddy!

Kary Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment