Monday, June 27, 2011

Mr Lizard Update

Over the weekend I was tending to my container garden and looking for Mr. Lizard, call me crazy but I think Mr. L knows my voice. Really, for example when I was on vacation for 10 days, upon my return I headed out to the garden to check on my plants and called for Mr. L and within several seconds he showed up on the waterfall, one of his favorite’s spots to hang out. He looked right at me bright green, puffing out his pink dewlap and shaking his head.


I have been researching these fascinating creatures, anoles, on the Internet and read that they are very territorial, but I like to think we are bonding. Check out Professor Jonathan Losos blog at anoleannal.wordpress.

Usually Mr. L pop’s out of the shrubs to visit me late in the day between 5 and 6 pm. Yesterday he showed up and as we chatted, very one-sided on my part, he ran up to me and was within about 3 inches from my hand. I lost track of time but we hung out on the patio while my hubby Doug snapped pictures of Mr. L.

Mr. L so close!

Mr. L. then headed over to the waterfall looking Ms. Lizzie, who I have not seen in several days and I am a little concerned. She usually hangs out near the hose and shrubs at the back of the house; Ms. Lizzie likes to get a drink of water off the leaves.

Ms. Lizzy

Maybe by the end of summer Mr. L will climb onto my hand and Ms. Lizzie’s baby anoles will start to appear.

I like to think that I am bonding with Mr. & Ms. L and that they will continue to visit me or maybe it’s me who is visiting their habitat.
Get outside, enjoy nature and whatever fresh produce that is is available in your part of the world. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment