Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cherry Tomatoes Sautéed

What to do with all the cherry tomatoes that are ready to burst and soon spoil? A good problem to have when the tomatoes are fresh and organic! 

The other day I was having a conversation with my friend Lynn who shares my passion for cooking and good food. I told Lynn that my kitchen was overflowing with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, onions and garlic. Lynn suggested that I sauté the tomatoes, cooking them until they burst open then toss with fresh spinach.
I did not have any spinach in the house, however I decided to follow her suggestion regarding cooking the cherry tomatoes and make tomato sauce. 

Just Cook Something! 

Thanks Lynn! So easy and delicious! Cheers! Kary~

Ingredients:

•        2 pints cherry tomatoes
•        2 fresh garlic cloves, peel and dice
•        1 small yellow onion, peel and dice
•        1 tablespoon fresh basil
•        1 teaspoon olive oil

·         Over low heat add the olive oil to the skillet, heat the olive oil, add garlic and onion, Sauté about 2 to 3 minutes (Watch closely or the garlic will burn, you just want to slightly cook it) Remove from the skillet and set aside      
     Add the tomatoes to the skillet, cover and cook until the tomatoes burst open
–    About 5 to 6 minutes
•    Add basil, cooked garlic, onions and heat. Toss with pasta or use as a topping for pizza, chicken, fish, pork, beef. So many options!
•    
     You can also make sauce, allow the mixture to cool,  pour in a blender, blend for 2 to 3 minutes 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment