This is my first attempt at baking whole wheat bread in a bread machine, thanks to my friend Patti who “loaned” me her bread maker.
Home made or fresh organic bread is full of great texture and flavor, and very filling. Even my husband Doug found that a half sandwich was very filling, very unusual for him.
If you don’t have time to make your own bread, most people don't, find a local bread company who bakes bread using organic ingredients. The bread might appear to cost more, but since the
bread so satisfying you might find yourself eating less.
• 8 Slices Whole wheat bread
• 1 12 ounce can of chunk light tuna packed in water
• 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
• ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ Teaspoon dried dill or ½ teaspoon fresh dill
• 1 Large tomato thinly sliced
• Romaine, iceberg lettuce or arugula
• 4 slices natural Swiss cheese
• Mayonnaise to spread on the bread
• Open the tuna can and drain the water out of the tuna
• In a mixing bowl mix together tuna, mayonnaise, pepper and dill
• Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on each slice of bread
• Spread tuna on the bread top with cheese, tomato and lettuce
• Top with the other half of bread, slice in half
Serve with fresh fruit or carrots and you have a very simple tasty meal!