Monday, November 14, 2011

Public House in Waxhaw, NC

Monday November 14, 2011

This month I am participating in the BlogHer November Blogging event, publishing posts about what I am thankful for which I thought was a perfect theme for November. Here is today’s post that I published on BolgHer:
Today I am thankful for my friend Patti, who always has a smile on her face, is quick with a laugh, always supportive and willing to listen to me ramble on about all my projects. And today was no exception, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Southsider’s Public House, which is one of our favorite restaurants in Waxhaw, NC and we talked about the birth of my grand daughter, Patti’s niece Ashley’s current art project and shared some laughs. 

All morning I was thinking about the Rueben sandwich that is a specialty at Southsider’s, not overloaded just the perfect amount of lean corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and the right amount of homemade Russian dressing stacked on dark rye bread.  The portions are generous, however I love that I can actually take a bite of the sandwich, which is perfectly balanced and I can taste all the flavors.

And sitting outside on a warm autumn day with my good friend Patti made the lunch experience even better. Thanks Patti! Cheers!

 I forgot to take a picture! Next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment