Greek Inspired Turkey BurgersAn alternative to Hamburgers with Beef!
|Grilled Greek Turkey Burger with Green Salad|
I truly love a good hamburger and in my continuing effort to fill up the menu with a variety of protein sources I have created this Greek inspired turkey burger, using ground turkey, mint and feta cheese.
I usually omit the bun and serve with Bushes Smokehouse Traditions Baked Beans, a salad or grilled vegetables, sometimes I slice a sweet yellow onion and toss it on the grill; served with pita bread and cucumber dressing.
As always your choice for the vegetable, just make sure you include them!
Give this one a try, comment on my blog and let me know what you think or post your favorite turkey burger recipe. Cheers!
Greek Inspired Turkey Burgers
• 1 large egg
• 1 lb Ground Turkey (You can also mix with ground chicken or ground pork)
• 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
– I like to use low-fat feta with tomato and basil
• 6 Wheat buns or serve without the bun
• Crack the egg in a large bowl and beat the egg
• Add the ground turkey, bread crumbs, mint, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Mix together
– I find it easier to mix with my hands, and don’t forget to wash your hands
• Form into 6 small patties or 4 large patties
– Variations: form small bite size for the children or for appetizers. You can also use this recipe to make turkey meatballs
– You can prepare a day ahead and keep chilled
• The turkey burgers will be really moist and might stick to the grill. I place a piece of wax paper on a plate and spray with non-stick cooking spray
• Lay the burgers on the wax paper and spray the top of the burger with the non-stick cooking spray. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook
• Heat outside Grill to medium heat or heat a cast iron skillet or non-stick cooking over medium heat on your stove
• Grill on medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes per side
Serve with fresh grilled vegetables or a salad, whole wheat buns optional!