Monday, February 9, 2015

Pablano Peppers Grilled with Cream or Neufchatel Cheese and Bacon

Grilled Peppers stuffed with Cream or Neufchatel Cheese wrapped in Bacon.

It's the summer of 2018 and still a favorite! 
Last summer when my sister-in-law Sandy and my niece Skylar were visiting us, Sandy told me about this fantastic appetizer, easy and delicious. San assured me that the cream cheese did not melt into the grill if cooked properly. I could not wait to make these and when they were available at my local farmers market I excitedly purchased 6 Pablano Peppers, how could you not love cream cheese and bacon!

Our good friends Karin and Phil were coming over for dinner and I could not wait for Karin and me to make these.

Easy Prep: 
Rinse the peppers, pat dry, slice in half longwise and remove the seeds. I filled each side with about a tablespoon of Organic Neufchatel Cheese rather than Cream Cheese. Then I wrapped a slice of bacon around the stuffed peppers and secured with a toothpick.

Grill with open side down first, watch closely so they do not burn, flip, continue to 
Grill until the bacon is brown and crisp. Yep that’s it! Easy and Yummy!

I searched on-line for recipes and found several sites; Grilled Jalapeno Peppers over at All Recipes and  Grilled Jalapeno Pepper over at Pioneer Women’s,

I purchased Pablona Peppers at the local farmers market, I prefer the milder taste and they were so beautiful.

Here’s a picture from my container garden last year.

Have you made these grilled peppers yet?

Just Cook Something! Cheers! Kary~

The  Neufchâtel that I purchase does not taste like mushrooms, more like a mild cream cheese: According to WikipediaNeufchâtel is a soft, slightly crumbly, mould-ripened cheese made in the French region of Normandy. One of the oldest cheeses in France, its production is believed to date back to the 6th century. It looks similar to Camembert, with a dry, white, edible rind, but the taste is saltier and sharper. It has the aroma and taste of mushrooms. Unlike other soft-white-rinded cheeses, Neufchâtel has a grainy texture.[1] It is most usually sold in heart shapes but is also produced in other forms, such as logs and boxes. It is typically matured for 8–10 weeks.

In 1872, William Lawrence, a New York dairyman of the township of Chester, created the first American cream cheese as the result of an attempt to create a batch of Neufchâtel.[citation needed] This American Neufchâtel is softer than regular cream cheese due to its approximately 33% lower fat and higher moisture content.[2][3] Due to this reduced fat content, it is found in most grocery stores as a reduced-fat option to cream cheese. In the United States, this Neufchâtel is sometimes called farmers' cheese.[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment