Friday, March 20, 2015

Kitchen Update and Favorite Kitchen Products~


Over the years I have developed a great relationship with my kitchen and the products that I use, yes I said relationship! My daughter Brenda and I were laughing about how she was so excited when she purchased her first really good vacuum, a sure sign of growing up. And of course the lay-out of the kitchen is important as well.
Updated Kitchen
New Cabinet ~Replaced built-in desk



Updated Kitchen 
Original Kitchen
Hubby Doug and I have upgraded our kitchens in our last five homes. In May 2012 we upgraded our current home; in the kitchen we replaced all the cabinet doors with new doors, hardware and new drawer boxes with soft close rails. And had the cabinet modified for the farm house sink. I have had just about every type of kitchen sink and with all the cooking I do I just love the large farm house sink. We also replaced the not very useful and ugly built-in desk with a cabinet we found at Nadeau, furniture with a soul, which was a perfect fit! The kitchen is really large and there was plenty of room for an island and we found the perfect island at Nadeau, furniture with a soul. It was about four inches too tall for us so my handy hubby Doug sawed off the bottom, perfect fit for us and no wobble!

We had the carpet and linoleum removed and replaced with bamboo flooring throughout the house. My hubby placed an ad on Craig’s list “free carpet and hardware, if you remove and haul away”. The carpet was in good condition and we had a gentleman and his sons remove it, they were planning to use it in a family play room. It is a lot of work to remove carpet and flooring and to think I told Doug we could do this.

Original Kitchen
Whether it is the perfect kitchen, a great vacuum cleaner or products that make cleaning, chopping, simmering, baking, roasting, slow cooking easier we all have our favorite products.

I like simple, easy to clean kitchen products and since I am always trying to encourage you to “Cook Something”, I thought I would share a few of the items in my kitchen that I love to use. Starting with a fantastic set of knifes, a good set really does make chopping, dicing and slicing food easier. About fifteen years ago my husband purchased Chefs Choice Trizor Professional 10X knifes for me, I love them! We use to have the mobile knife sharpener visit our home and sharpen our knifes. The owner showed Doug how to sharpen knifes and now Doug does the sharpening.

Off to grill salmon or I should say Doug will be grilling!  Have you updated your Kitchen? 

Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~

Chefs Choice Trizor Professional 10X knifes I found a number of sites where you can purchase these, here is one link.


Oster 4093-008 5-Cup Glass Jar 2-Speed Beehive I use this for blending soups: Broccoli Soup  Chicken Soup Tomato Soup , pesto and pretty much everything that I need to blend.

Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French Oven ~ Great for cooking Beouf-Bourguignon, Corned Beef, Chili, Spaghetti Sauce and just about anything!

Low and Slow cooks Gumbo in the Crock Pot, Cajun Chili with Chicken, and so much more ~ Crock-Pot  Cook Travel Serve 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, I have used this one as well, Crock-Pot Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker, click to purchase my favorite slow cooker!

Misto Fill half the bottle with your favorite Oil, pump and spray. No more purchasing of Pam and filling up our landfills with spray bottles. A must have for every kitchen.
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 7-qt. Dutch oven.

 “Karen Squires is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.” Any items you order are the same price as if you ordered directly from Amazon, any fees earned help to pay for the cost of maintaining my website. Your support is really appreciated Thank you! Kary ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment