Fresh and Spicy Green Beans~ Great as a side dish, appetizer/starter
If you are looking for an alternative to the traditional green bean casserole here is a kicked up version of green beans, this dish will add some spice to your traditional Thanksgiving meal.
• 1 lb fresh green beans, tips cut off, rinse and dry
• 2 Tablespoons light Soy sauce
• 1 garlic clove minced
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon Agave or honey
• ¼ cup slice almonds, lightly toasted or sesame seeds
How to Prepare:
• Fill a large cooking pot about ½ full and bring to a boil
• Add the green beans and cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, until tender~I like a little crunch in my green beans, no mushy green beans for me
• Drain the green beans, then fill the pot with cold water to keep the green beans from further cooking and they should retain their bright green color, set aside
• Coat a small sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray and brown the almonds
• Careful not to burn!
• In a small in bowl mix together the soy sauce, minced garlic, Agave or honey
• Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil and toss in the green beans, heat for 2 to 3 minutes
• Add sauce, toss to make sure the green beans are well coated and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until liquid is evaporated
• Sprinkle in the toasted sliced almonds
Serve as a side dish or great as an appetizer warm or cold.
Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~