Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Kayaking the Everglades with Worldstrides Spring Break Trip Day 4

The Adventure Continues Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 of Molly's Everglades Worldstrides Spring Break Trip. Guest post from my niece Molly, great job Molly girl! Cheers~ Auntie KK

Day four is here. We wake up still exhausted but ready for the day. I put on more Aloe Vera and sunscreen for my even worse sunburn. Then hop into a tank-top and shorts, along with my flip-flops. After breakfast at the hotel, we go to a little local outdoor shopping market. There we fed these giant fish over the dock, ran away from many Pelicans
and went shopping. I bought a necklace with a small baby jellyfish in it, a tank-top and matching glass heart stones for my boyfriend and I. Once we leave there, we go kayaking! 

It was a beautiful two hour kayaking trip. Courtney and I shared a kayak. She was in charge of paddling in the front and I was in charge of steering in the back. At first we were terrible, running into everything and going in circles. But after about twenty minutes we got the hang of it and ended up being the best out of everyone else! It was scorching hot outside but every once in a while there would be a nice breeze or we would have paddle fights and get cooled off by the water. Our snacks were a Capri Sun and a Granola Bar. I never thought kayaking would be so easy! Once we got back to shore and regrouped, we were starving for lunch and dying to eat anything. We go to a fancy fish restaurant. With some of the best fish I’ve ever had. And coincidentally Sierra found the same mustard sauce she had yesterday. 

Next we took a short trip to a bird zoo of some sort. It had Turkey Vultures, Flamingos, Hawks and even Owls. We took an hour drive to a fancy restaurant for dinner. I was so exhausted that I don’t even remember what I ate. I swear I dozed off at the table. Once we got back to the hotel, everyone except me and my roommates went swimming, the four of us fell into bed and passed out. Thanks again for stopping by and sharing my adventure, can't believe only one more day! Check back next Tuesday. What was your favorite educational trip? Just cook something! Cheers~ Kary

No comments:

Post a Comment