Green Beans with Sausage and Sesame seeds
Last week I picked up fresh green beans from our local Farmers Market in Waxhaw, NC. Last night I was cooking up some organic ground sausage that I had left over from the weekend to use in a frittata and I decided to sauté the fresh green beans with the left over sausage.
In a large skillet I cooked up ½ pound of ground sausage and removed all but about 1 tablespoon of the cooked sausage. You can always add more sausage, however I like to use just a small amount to add flavor and keep it a healthy as I can…Hey I am using organic ground pork.
Here’s what I had on hand:
• 1 lb fresh green beans, tips cut off, rinse and dry
• 1 teaspoon of olive oil if needed
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
How to Prepare:
• I like to steam my vegetables in my microwave, so I place the cleaned green beans in a microwaveable dish, covered and cooked. I have a Kenmore Elite microwave which has a setting to cook fresh vegetables, it works great and does not overcook the beans!
• Or you can boil: Fill a large cooking pot about ½ full and bring to a boil
• Add the green beans and cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, until tender ~ I like a little crunch in my green beans, no mushy green beans for me
• Drain the green beans then add to the skillet with the cooked sausage
• Add in the garlic and sesame seeds,
• Over medium heat I added the olive oil and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes
• Basically heating them up and letting the sesame seeds toast a bit, careful not to burn
This is a yummy side dish or great as an appetizer!
Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~
What is your favorite Green Bean Recipe?