Monday, July 4, 2016

Chicken Salad with Red Grapes and Pecans



Happy Independence Day! 


I wanted to something light for lunch today, in anticipation of pulled pork sandwiches for dinner for 4th of July, with a side of corn on the cob of course! 
I had red grapes on hand, pecans and chicken, Chicken Salad would be perfect! I think roasted or chicken in the slow cooker works best for Chicken Salad.
Saturday I tossed four large chicken breasts in the slow cooker so I would have cooked chicken on hand to pull together some quick meals over the 4th of July holiday. Sometimes I pick up a roasted chicken at my local market, which is great for so many quick meals.
Here’s what I made today:
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1 teaspoon of mayonnaise, add more if needed
About 10 red grapes cut in half
1 tablespoon of pecans
Just mix together and you have a quick simple lunch, snack or dinner. I had Trader Joes Bite Size Everything Crackers on hand, these really are yummy.  Oh and this is great with greens, but of course! 

Now I am off to the pool and some 4th of July fun. What are cooking up today or maybe not cooking?


Just Cook Something! Cheers! Kary~

No comments:

Post a Comment