Thursday, March 17, 2011

Corned Beef Sandwiches- Really simple

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! Break out the Guinness and Corned Beef!



Several times a year I prepare corned beef and cabbage. Many people cook the cabbage in the same pot as the corned beef. However I prefer my cabbage to have a little texture, not soggy. Also keep in mind that when you boil cabbage it will fill your home with the strong smell of cooked cabbage. Reference my blog posting Tuesday March 15, 2011 for my corned beef and cabbage recipe and cooking instructions.

I always cook enough Corned Beef for several meals, including sandwiches. Here is a really simple corned beef sandwich. And don't forget to add a bowl of fresh fruit to round out the meal. Cheers!

Oh and I forgot to take a pic!

Corned Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients:
The most common ingredients for a corned beef sandwich:
Corned Beef Just add the Rye Bread!
• Cooked Corned Beef
• Dark Rye Bread
• Prepared Sauerkraut, Drained (Sauerkraut is cabbage that has been fermented)
• Swiss Cheese thinly sliced
• Mustard
– I like grainy mustard, use your favorite mustard
Variation, use what you have available:
Cooked Corned Beef
• Whole Wheat Bread
• Cooked Cabbage
• Swiss Cheese thinly sliced
• Mustard
– I like grainy mustard, use your favorite mustard
How to Prepare:
• Spread mustard on each slice of bread and build your sandwich
– On one slice of bread layer the Swiss cheese, several slices of corned beef, cabbage or Sauerkraut and top with the other slice of bread
• You can serve this cold or heat up the corned beef and cabbage/sauerkraut
Slice and enjoy a delicious sandwich warm or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment