Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers and Quinoa Pie with Butternut Squash


I have been dicing, grilling, freezing and adding bell peppers to recipes for weeks now. One dish I have not prepared is stuffed bell peppers. What to stuff them with?

Last week I prepared taco’s with ground turkey and black beans, freezing about one cup of the filling. From earlier in the week hanging out in the refrigerator is about ¼ cup of sweet potato home fries and salsa.


I thawed out the ground turkey with black beans and added about ¼ cup of salsa, diced a roma tomato, one hot red pepper and cut up the sweet potato fries. Perfect stuffing for the green, purple and yellow bell peppers. After rinsing the bell peppers and removing the seeds I filled each pepper with the mixture and placed them in a baking dish. 20 minutes in the oven at 350 decrees and you have a quick meal which is spicy and satisfying.
 

One of the members at Poplar Ridge Organic Farm told me about a Martha Stewart recipe for “Quinoa Pie with Butternut Squash. My pie is not as perfect looking as Martha’s, but whose is?

I pulled up the recipe and whipped up a delicious pie to accompany the stuffed bell peppers.

The Quinoa Pie is a keeper, great for lunch! Cheers!Here is the link for my Pork Taco’s, you can substitute the pork with cooked ground Turkey. Tacos

Just Cook Something...

Cheers! Kary~

No comments:

Post a Comment