Monday, September 19, 2016

Apple, Celery & Pecan Salad Lite Waldorf Salad

If you love Waldorf Salad I posted my version last year Kary's Waldorf Salad on my blog. You know I am always searching for ways to change up a recipe and I decided to make Waldorf Salad without the mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, just a dash of lemon juice and some honey. All the fresh ingredients compliment each other, so you really don't need to dress the salad. I use the lemon to help keep the apples from turning brown and a dash of honey to add a little extra sweetness. 


Here’s what you need for this version of Waldorf Salad:
3 medium sized red apples
3 Stalks of celery (you can use less, I just love the crunchiness of the celery)
1/3 cup shelled chopped pecans or walnuts. Your choice
¼ cup raisins – Optional or add more
Juice squeezed from 2 small fresh lemons or about 1 Tbls
1 tsp of honey
Medium serving bowl and small mixing bowl

Peel, core and cut the apples into bite size pieces, rinse, dry and chop the celery into bite size pieces and toss in the bowl.
Mix together the lemon juice and honey then toss with the apples and celery until coated, add the raisins and nuts, mix and serve. 

Simple, sweet and crunchy! Enough for four or two hungry people…

Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~

No comments:

Post a Comment