Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mardi Gras Menu~

Yes it is time for Mardi Gras! 
BleuBear Ready for Mardi Gras~

Yesterday I pulled out the trusty Crock Pot and all the ingredients for homemade Gumbo with a Butter Roux, my fav!

It is now 2019 and I think I might be one of the few who do not have an Insta Pot. Never say never, but I still like to come home at the end of the day and be greeted by the mouth watering aroma of home cooking, and the Slow Cooker still does the job! 

As many of you know my hubby and I do love New Orleans and I have written about Mardi Gras and posted my favorite Nawlins recipes for several years now.

I have added a couple o new recipes to my Mardi Gras Celebration Menu; Apricot Zingers from Carrie over at Deliciously Organic, Marinated Shrimp from my blog, Grilled Pablano Peppers wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese: I made these last fall and oh my were they yummy!


King Cake is a pastry style cake decorated with frosting in the colors of Mardi Gras; purple, green and gold. In New Orleans traditionally a small baby Jesus or trinket is inserted in the cake and whoever finds the trinket in their slice of King Cake hosts the next Mardi Gras party or brings the King Cake the next year. I have had the good fortune of finding the baby Jesus two years in a row, hmm is that a set-up?

Gumbo
Now that you have your menu for the Mardi Gras party, music is a must so don’t forget to have a great selection of Jazz, Zydeco and any of your party favorites ready to liven up the festivities. And do not forget the Mardi Gras beads, I usually purchase beads at my local party store, toss them in a bowl as gifts for my guests to wear. 

If you are heading down to Nawlins steer clear of Bourbon Street and enjoy the festivities all over the city and in the parishes.  It is a time for Local Mardi Gras Krewes, who bring you the "Greatest Free Show on Earth". As for me, I will be celebrating Mardi Gras with our grandbabies, maybe one day I will attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans…

Have you ever attended Mardi Gras in New Orleans? What is your favorite New Orleans style recipe?

Just Cook Something! Cheers! Kary~



No comments:

Post a Comment