Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Pesto with Fresh Basil, Walnuts, Garlic, Cheese and Olive Oil

My basil plant is thriving and it is the first of June, time to make pesto!



Yesterday I  made a bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich with pesto as spread, I usually use mayonnaise, it was scrumptious. Check out some of my recipes with pesto: Pesto Lasagna, Pizza, Crunchy Bread, Pesto Chicken Sandwich, scramble with eggs and as a marinade for chicken and fish.

This makes a about 8 ounces
 
Pesto Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese grated
• 1/2 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
• 2 to 4 cloves of garlic, remove the skin add depending on how much you like garlic
• 2 cups of fresh basil; about 2 handfuls
• Dash of sugar or honey 
• I like to keep walnuts in my refrigerator to keep them fresh; eat as a snack, add to a salad, sprinkle on broccoli, use your imagination
• Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 2 to 4 minutes until the mixture is smooth

• You can store the pesto in the refrigerator for about a week or freeze 

Just cook something! Cheers~ Kary

No comments:

Post a Comment