Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slow Cooked Chicken Breasts

I use to think about pulling out my slow cooker during the cooler months, after living in the Carolina's for over 28 years, the slow cooker is my go to source during our long hot summers. 

Slow cooked chicken breasts are great with green beans, salad, corn, potatoes, just about any side works, also great to make Chicken Salad. 

I usually purchase the chicken when it is on sale at my local grocery store. I try to keep one or two packages in the freezer so I always have something to prepare for a meal. This recipe uses three chicken breasts with the bone and you can easily double the recipe.

My husband will eat at least one whole chicken breast and I usually eat about half of one. Later this week I will use the remaining chicken in tacos, salad, chili, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, toss with pasta or brown rice and broccoli. Use your imagination!

Slow cooked Chicken Breasts, delicious every time!
Just cook something. Cheers! Kary

Ingredients:
• 3 Chicken breasts with bone in
– 3 lbs- approximately per package
• ½ cup orange juice or apple juice
• 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
• 1teaspoon onion powder or ¼ sweet yellow onion chopped
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Or 2 garlic cloves chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• Crock pot/slow cooker

Cooking Instructions:

• Spray the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
• Rinse the chicken breasts and place in the pot (I do rinse mine, some don't, your choice) 
• Pour the soy sauce, orange or apple juice over the chicken
• Sprinkle with onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper
• Place the lid on the slow cooker/crock pot
• Cook on low heat 5 to 6 hours (check cooking directions for your slow cooker, times may vary) 

The chicken will fall right off the bone

Just cook something. Cheers! Kary~ 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment