Thursday, October 20, 2011

Food Day October 24th Join in!


I received an email from Food Day today announcing “Food Day” which is October 24th.

Local Organic Produce
If you haven’t heard about it check out www.Foodday.org. This is an event after my own heart! Involving all aspects of the food chain, health, education and government, asking for us to prepare a meal with local food and teach others how to cook the meal.  

“FoodDay's goal is nothing less than to transform the American diet “ . Find an event in your area! 

I don’t know about you but I love a good burger, well seasoned Prime Rib or slice of Roast Beef; however hubby Doug and I try to limit our beef intake to once a week or less. In the past mostly because everything we have been told by our Doctors and read recommends eating less beef for heart health. We try to eat more fish, chicken, turkey burgers and produce, so the occasional slice of beef is a treat.

Another reason to reduce or eliminate our beef consumption is lack of water, to read more about this click on gracelinks.

Monday’s dinner menu will be based on what is available at my local farmers market. If you don’t have a local farmers market in your area check out your favorite grocery store, many carry food from local farms and ranches. 

I am on board are you?

Just cook something! Cheers! Kary~

No comments:

Post a Comment